« Home | Not for lack of effort... » | A Great Month of May » | Mother's Day Memory » | A lil Irish Humor from my Aunt Pat » | Oh, to be young again... » | For all you Mothers out There » | What a Whirlwind » | No Worries » | My job finds me a new job » | Goofy video linkage » 

Monday, June 05, 2006 

A little Blasphemy never killed anyone... oh wait a minute, nice knowing ya...

I'm sure to be heading towards H-E-double hockey sticks with this one, but it's too funny to pass up...

There were 3 good arguments that Jesus was Black:

1. He called everyone "brother."

2. He liked Gospel

3. He couldn't get a fair trial.


But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Jewish:

1. He went into His Father's business.

2. He lived at home until he was 33.

3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin and his mother was sure he was God.


But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian:

1. He talked with his hands.

2. He had wine with every meal.

3. He used olive oil.


But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a Californian:

1. He never cut his hair.

2. He walked around barefoot all the time.

3. He started a new religion.


But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Irish:

1. He never got married.

2. He was always telling stories.

3. He loved green pastures.


But the most compelling evidence of all - 3 proofs that Jesus was a Woman:

1. He fed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food.

2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just didn't get it.

3. And even when he was dead, He had to get up because there was more work to do.

this was all my wife's fault!! Thanks hunny!

You see it's not just the Da Vinci Code "thing" - we do it all the time one way or another. Watched a movie last week "Joshua" - all fictitious, played out as a Christ coming. All these pieces make us learn and think - discover our beliefs. I believe you're Mormon? I went there for a time and felt like I was in a business meeting not God's home. (best friend in D.C. and husband raised Mormon - Visited Salt Lake for books) It's all information we need to explore and learn to answer with our personal beliefs and truly understand these beliefs - no "robot acceptance." I'll never quit if I get started here. Was thinking of making a new place just for these topics!

That was good Peakah!! It is allways nice to start the day out with a smile. I hope your Job is going OK..
Nate

chrys: "Joshua" is one of my favorite movies ever! So well done and leaves you with such a sweet feeling... I'm currently reading that story to my kids at night.

Yeah, I'm officially Mormon but have not adhered to their standards as of late and am feeling like I should. As far as it being more of a business meeting, that's a good analogy... but not a putdown at all, rather it makes it so much more a practical religion... albeit, very highly committal. I've been to hundreds of churches and denominations in my time and there is where I felt that the Spirit of the Lord is being put to work by serving your fellow man, rather than everyone giving eachohter emotionally based highs that are quick to dissipate. To be a good member of the LDS Church is to be too busy to worry about the mundane...

If you couldn't tell, I love talking about religion... so bring it on!!

Nate: Job's going great despite the far less time I get to spend with the family. However it is nice to have some modicum of stability finally... even if that means time is going to move much much faster for me now.

...uh oh, gotta get my butt to work!! See ya tonight... assuming I didn't tick Heavenly Father off too badly lastnight... naaa, I'm sure I've done worse! Yikes...

That's hilarious! I needed a good laugh after some of the discouraging stuff out there in blog-land.

Funny! I think God must have a sense of humor--look at the world we live in! ;)

What a laugh, nice stuff.

Ben O.

Great one Peakah.

it's an old cheezy mass email but I just had to post it...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Peakah
  • From White Mountains, Arizona, United States
  • ...this isn't who it would be, if it wasn't who it is...
Check Me Out
Listed on BlogShares
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates